Today is the third time we've met and I must say Mary and I kick butt at this stuff.
Level 1 (ten hours)
1. Examine and reflect on the World Language Seminar model and tweak it. We did a survey, and sixty kids gave us feedback we will use.
2. Specifically, re-organize the Seminar to be a list of tasks instead of calendar-based. Started this.
Create project sheets for each task and make them into .pdfs for the wiki (ETA we created these as we went along last year--not a huge timesucker) A lot of this has to do with me cleaning out my laptop before it gets re-imaged. Find that here.
Isolate the essential skills. Here they are
Create a metalanguage master definition page with tons of examples. Mary is doing this in Pages until I fix that page of the wiki.
6. MAKE BINDER GUIDELINES with STUDENT SAMPLE
(colors for different tasks, etc?)
Make 1 page plan with essential skills, unit themes, metalanguage, translation guidelines, and contact info.
8. Make Metalanguage Flap Posters for level 1 These are almost done--waiting for definitions to be done (see above). I plan on making them like this: Kirsten's page.
Finish Welcome Letter with links on wiki Here it is
Level 2 (ten hours)
1. Create a metalanguage list Here they are! 2. Create a task-based list to meet Maine Learning Results. (Worry about project sheets as we go--at least create the first few). Here they are!
Isolate the essential skills. Here they are!
4. Create a metalanguage master definition page with tons of examples.
5. Create binder guidelines for students with student samples.
6. Make graphic organizer for ¿siete qué?
Make Metalanguage Flap Posters for level 2 8. Sign up and build the SAM series in Discovery Education What an exciting new tool we have been given from the district. SAM is in both French and Spanish and is perfect for our level 2.
Most exciting is that the videos are embeddable!
Level 3 (ten hours)
1. Make a list of units by semester.
2. Make project sheets for each one. WIP
3. Isolate essential skills.
4. Create a metalanguage list.
5. Create Google sites for each student.
Level 4 (ten hours)
1. Create list units for each quarter.
2. Isolate essential skills.
3. Create a metalanguage list.
4. Create Google sites for each student.
Based on this list, the biggest investment to be made is time.
Post a Comment